Answering a Reader Question #399

Matthew Wrote:


Dania,

I am looking to become a male model. I just graduated from high school and I am 18 years old. I know I have all the specs to be a male model, including the brains and mindset. I live in the medium sized city of Tallahassee in North Florida. I don't think there are any model agencies here, but I was just wondering were should I start. Also I am starting college in the fall. Also do you think it would be possible to have a part time job go to school and be a model?


Thanks! -Matthew 


Hi, Matthew, thanks for the questions! Are you planning on attending college in Tallahassee or another part of Florida? Unfortunately, there aren't really any legit/reputable agencies within a 2 hour's drive from where you live. The main hot spot for that market is the Miami/Miami Beach area.

It's only advisable to submit to agencies in those areas if you're willing to relocate. Being too far away lessens your chance of gaining interest from an agency because you wouldn't be as reliable for last-minute castings and bookings, which come up a lot.

However, should you find yourself in a position where you end up getting signed to an agency, it is totally possible to juggle those 3 priorities. It would be super difficult, but not impossible, lol. It would be one of those things that you'd have to disclose to your agent by providing your main booker with your work and school schedule. Depending on when you have free time, they'll do their best to accommodate your schedule.

But I will warn that if your part-time job plus your class schedule makes your availability too limited, it could discourage an agent from actively submitting you for castings, leading to them not doing much to market you as aggressively since they would figure that you wouldn't be available anyway. So keep that in mind if you really want to consider modeling and having agency representation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035