Answering a Reader Question #404

Anonymous Wrote:


I'm 13 almost 14, I'm getting braces soon never really thought about modeling but people say I have great potenial.. I think it would be awesome to model.. I have contacts and have medium brown hair and brown eyes I'm about 5'2' or so and I weigh about 110.. do you think I've got a chance?

Hi, Anonymous! I don't know what you actually look like based off your brief description and I'm not an agent so I technically can't tell you if you have a shot. However, what I can tell you is that at your age and height you'll want to look into agencies that represent teen models.

Even though not all agencies will sign a model with braces, the fact that you're still young and are about to get your braces could work in you favor. This is because when it comes to braces, agencies don't want to represent a model who is about to have their braces removed because it means redoing the headshots and building a new portfolio to reflect the new look. That's why when they get model who doesn't have long till their braces come off, they'll usually tell them to come back for consideration after they no longer have the braces.

But since you're about to get your braces, chances are they'll be on your teeth for a while, which is a long enough amount of time for them to represent you and market your images with your braces. So as long as you check out agencies that represent teen models and wait until you get your braces first, it should work out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035