Answering a Reader Question #387

Anonymous Wrote:

Hey I love your post . I think they are uh-mazing.!
How do I book for fashion shows and other events without signing to an agent yet.? I would like to expand my work as much as possible as a freelance model befoe signing. I also stay in Detroit.


Hi, Anonymous! Why thank you! :-)

Detroit isn't known for being a modeling market but I'm sure there are local shops and designers that could always use a new face to help them advertise their latest stuff. That being said, I have the following suggestions:

- Research the local clothing stores/boutiques in your area. Find out which ones are independently run or who feature/know local designers and get their contact info.

- Contact any local fashion colleges or schools that have fashion design programs. Student designers always have fashion shows in need of models to walk in their school-run events each term. They don't pay any monetary compensation but you'll gain the experience and chances are they'll have photographers there to give you images from the show to use in your portfolio.

- Join networking sites like Model Mayhem, which are free to create a profile and upload pictures on. Their Browse category is a great way to find local clothing designers in your area. You'll be able to view their profiles, portfolios and contact them for potential work and collaborations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035