Answering a Reader Question #380

Anonymous Wrote:


Heyy, I was wondering if I could be a male model with a couple of scars on my face? I read they get/ can get photo-shopped in pictures, but I was making sure if I could. Thanks very much

Hi, Anonymous! Agencies and clients would prefer that models (male and female) have little to no blemishes/scars on their face. If there are scars, they should be minimal and not difficult to cover with makeup. So as long as the type and location of your scars is minimal and/or easily concealed, it won't count against you too much and won't prevent you from modeling entirely.

Although Photoshop and makeup are alternatives, it's less time consuming and more beneficial for a client/photographer to choose to work with a model that they don't have to do a lot of retouching on. So keep that in mind but don't let it discourage you from pursuing modeling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035