Answering a Reader Question #379

Anonymous Wrote:


Hi Dania! I am an aspiring model and have been for a while. I'm 5'8-9 (one of the two, not 100% sure) 33-24-37, my weight fluctuates at around 140 but I am quite slender and I'm really trying hard to whittle down my hips. I am also 16 years of age. I really want to focus on fashion modeling, specifically runway. I'm a little hesitant on whether I should go forward along this path, any advice? Love your blog by the way! Thanks in advance. 

Hi there, Anonymous! What is the cause for your hesitation? Is it your measurements alone or something else? To get results in modeling, you'll have to be focused, motivated and 100% invested in knowing it is what you want. If there's any type of doubt or hesitation, you'll want to address those concerns first before seriously looking into agencies.

Your height and measurements (aside from your hips) are ideal for runway. As you mentioned, your hips are larger than the standard. The maximum you can be in this area is 35 inches. Your two options would be:

1) Wait until you're 100% confident in yourself and are able to get your hip measurement down as much as possible (in a healthy way of course). Agencies aren't going anywhere so there's no strict time limit.

2) Attend open casting calls for runway agencies and see what feedback they give you. It's better to do open calls as opposed to sending in just pictures since this gives them an opportunity to meet you face-to-face and gauge your personality. Oftentimes agencies will tell new models to slim down their measurements and then come back at a later time. This is actually a good thing since it shows initial interest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035