Answering a Reader Question #830

Meagan Wrote:

Hi Dania! I am 15 and roughly 34-27-36. I would like to pursue high fashion, but I'm moving to Florida, so I will have to look for a modeling agency there. Do you think I would have a chance? If not, what else could I pursue? Thank you!

Meagan Also Wrote:

Hi! I am new to modeling (at least I would like to start!) and I am 15 and 34-27-34. I would like to pursue high fashion (I can do exercises to lose waist sizes), but I don't know where to start! Do you think I would have a chance? If not, is there something else I could pursue? Thanks!

Hey there, Meagan!

I don't know your height so although you said you want to pursue high fashion, without knowing how tall you are, I can't say for sure whether or not that is a category you should pursue when you get to Florida.

However, given your measurements, you will want to get your waist down to at least 25", which is the max that high fashion agencies will allow (24" is the ideal). You'll also want to get your hips down to 35", which is the max (34" is ideal). Some agencies make exceptions but just know up front that many will be sticklers for meeting those size requirements.

I also don't know what part of Florida you will be moving to. The majority of agencies are located in Miami and there are a few in Orlando and elsewhere but if you are going to be within at least a 2 hour's drive from Miami, that will give you the best odds of finding a number of agencies to submit to.

If you are 5'8" or taller then you will want to look for fashion agencies in Florida. If you are shorter, than commercial/print agencies are going to be your focus.

You'll want to go online and look for modeling agencies in Florida. Like I said, you'll want to target those within a 2 hour's drive from where you will be living. The agency websites will offer instructions/guidelines for how to submit yourself so you'll want to use the sites as a starting point to see which ones you qualify for and what kinds of photos you'll need to send.

The agency websites will be your blueprint and guide you through the process of where to get started.

Hope that helps!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035