Answering a Reader Question #823

Katreena Jones Wrote:

Hello, Dania Densie. My name is Katreena. For my portfolio for modeling, can I got to a poritrat place to get my portfolio done ? Or do I have to get my pictures taken by a photographer for my portfolio? This is my first time doing a portfolio and I'm 26.

Hi Katreena,

Do not go to a portrait place or one of those studios in the mall to put together your modeling portfolio. They do not produce the right quality/types of images needed to be in a portfolio.

Are you pursuing freelance modeling or are you trying to find an agency to represent you? Models who want to get represented by an agent do not need a portfolio of professional images in order to be considered so if you want to get an agent, do not worry about this step right now because it isn't mandatory for you. Clear quality, digital snapshots are more than enough for newbies.

However, if you want to freelance and find your own work without an agent, then you will need these professional images in place. To do that, you will need to connect with local photographers in your area who specialize in the type of modeling you want to pursue. Given your age, you'll want to focus on commercial/print or lifestyle modeling.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035