Answering a Reader Question #822

Virginia Wrote:

Hi Dania,

I know it sounds a bit stupid, but are models allowed to have hair extensions (not the clip ins ones, the ones that last like 5 months and barely damage the hair) ? I have had mines since 3 months and they look really natural but I dont know if its considered as 'cheating' in the modelling industry? I have a modelling contest coming up so I wouldn't want to be excluded from the contest because of my hair, even though I really dont want to remove them!
Thanks a lot xx
Virginia

Hey, Virginia!

That's not a stupid question at all. Sew-in weaves/extensions are acceptable but the key is that if you go into a modeling contest or submit to an agency with them, you have to be committed to keeping that look.

So if you want to stick with the sew-in, you can but you'll need to make sure to keep it fresh and get them redone as needed. You'll want your look to be consistent, which is important.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035