Answering a Reader Question #825

Kira Wrote:

Hey Dania, I am 19 and curvy. I have a hourglass shaped body which is proportional, but curvy. I am interested in Plus Sized modeling. I'm a size 14, but I am 5'5. Do you think that is too short for modeling in the field I am interested in?
-Kira

Hey, Kira!

Plus size models (aside from their size, obviously) are pretty much required to meet the same standards as fashion/runway models--especially height.

That being said, you wouldn't fit the requirements for height to pursue plus size modeling. However, you are the ideal height for commercial/print modeling.

Print modeling is very flexible when it comes to size and height so even though you are plus size, the fact that you are proportional and healthy in appearance is what will work in your favor for print modeling. I recommend looking online for agencies that represent commercial/print models, submitting your snapshots and seeing what kind of response you get.

Hope that helps!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035