Answering a Reader Question #828

Jennifer Silva Wrote:

Hi, I just wanted to tell you this is my first time on your blog and it really did help me in a way. the thing is I live in a small town and well, I'm actually 5.5 and I'm 15. what can I do to start my modeling career? I just want to start out small so later on I can go into the city and go a step higher. I am very slim but still fit I work out as much as I can, I was just hoping if u could give me any advise, to start out here in my small town??

Hi there, Jennifer!

Glad to have you a new blog reader!

If you live in a small town then you'll need to find modeling agencies within a 2 hour's drive from where you live to submit to. You have to be accessible to agencies, otherwise, your options are going to be very limited.

At your age and height you will want to look for agencies that represent teen models and/or commercial/print models. Check out the agency websites to see what methods of submission they offer and make sure to only give them exactly what they ask for.

If the agencies you find are all outside of a 2 hour's drive from you, then you'll have to decide whether or not you still want to submit to them. Don't submit if you know you cannot get to and from castings and jobs realistically. Many castings come up last minute and if an agency doesn't think you'd be reliable and dependable, they won't make an exception to sign you if you live too far away.

Feel free to email me directly at: daniadenise@gmail.com if you need help finding legitimate agencies to check out. All I would need to know is the city and state where you live (not your mailing address or anything like that though).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035