Answering a Reader Question #528

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi dania,
You really helped me with your comments, im Viktoria (with a k) and im ten years old ,I really want to be a model when I grow up , and I have almost all the requirements. Im smart(gifted student) ,the tallest in my class,but not a teen . The problem is that I weigh 115 POUNDS do you have any tips on losing weight, not getting fat again ,and how to get accepted into elite and Ford?
P.s. I live in Rockford Illinois thx write back


Hi, Viktoria!

Please read these words very carefully: 115 pounds is NOT FAT. Models are expected to weigh anywhere between 100 pounds to 125 pounds maximum. I'm 115 pounds and I'm not fat, nor has my agent ever told me to lose weight. So you are fine and do NOT need to lose weight! You are 10-years-old so weight loss should be the least of your problems. Just make sure to keeping eating healthy (fresh fruits and veggies and lots of water) and you'll be just fine.

To get accepted into agencies like Ford and Elite, you have to follow the instructions for new model submissions, which are given on each of the agency's websites. There is a Ford and Elite in Chicago not far from where you live. According to their websites, this is what they look for in potential models:

Elite Chicago (Renamed Factor Women)
- Serious interest in modeling, females age 13 and up
- Girls 17 and younger should be at least 5'6"
* You can submit your non professional, digital snapshots by regular mail, online through their website or by attending their open call, which is a day and time when you can come in without an appointment. Here is the link to the agency: http://factorwomen.com/Chicago.aspx

Ford Chicago
- Age 13 and Up
- Women: 5’8” - 5’11”
* They also represent kid models, ages 3-12 so if you're interested, you could apply to start modeling right now. Here is the link to Ford in Chicago's open call for kids, where you'll see the days and times you can go to their offices: http://scouting.fordmodels.com/opencall/
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035