Answering a Reader Question #519

Emilie Wrote:

Hi Dania!
I contacted Unique Models in Denmark about a year ago (i were 14, soon 15) and they said that they wanted a follow-up meeting because they thought I were too young.

Now, a little over a year after, I am turning 16,and they want to see me one last time (I've been there 3 times i guess)to finaly decide weather they want me or not. I am SO excited, but I am afraid that I don't have the right mesurements..
I am 176 cm, 78 cm around my bust, 62 cm around my waist, and 88-89 around my hips. is that too much?

and another thing is that I have got acne.. last time I went to the agency, my skin was almost perfect, but now my skin is really bad, an I get medication from my doctor. what will they say if I have acne on my next meeting at the agency? will they change their minds, and not want me?

please Dania, I am so confused and scared that they don't want me

Love Emilie


Hi, Emilie!

First off, your measurements are just fine, so please don't worry about that! :-)

I can see why you would be worried about your skin, especially now that it is acting up. I don't think it would make them completely reject you...if anything, I would guess they would probably wait until your medication starts to work and clears up your complexion before signing you officially.

What works in your favor is that they saw what you looked like with clear skin before so I think they'd be willing to work with you and wait for your skin to get better. It would be different if they saw you for the first time and your skin wasn't very good, you know?

Try not to stress (it will make your skin worse!) and feel confident in the fact that few agencies maintain contact with aspiring models for this long. It is a good sign that they want you. Put your best foot forward, let them know you're taking medication for the acne and take things from there. Best of luck to you, sweetie!!!

Comments

  1. Hi, if I live in PA and almost 3 hours from nyc, would it be okay to send pictures to agencies like Ford and Elite in New York?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anonymous! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #520." Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035