Answering a Reader Question #518

Kristine Marks Wrote:

Hi Dania :) I really enjoyed reading all of your postings, and was so impressed to see that you literally respond to each person who posts!

I'm 23 years old, and have the exact measurements that you listed, except I have an extra 1/2 in. around the largest part of my rear. I'm 5'8" and just applied to Ford. Though I've done a shoot to create a portfolio with a local Wisconsin company that wanted to sign me, I did not agree with the terms of their contract. That was when I was 20. Now I'm 23, graduated from college, living in Chicago and at a full time job... and have decided that I need to give this my all one last time! My dream has always been to be a victorias secret model, and my husband and friends have been pushing me to send in this application for a long time. But... what do I do now? Just wait? I literally just sent in the application 2 days ago, but I want to make sure that I'm doing everything that I can. If I don't hear back within a month or so, I intend to go to an open call.

What do you think, any suggestions?


Hey, Kristine!

I'm so happy to have you as a reader of my blog and really appreciate the kind words! :-)

That's great that you've gotten the confidence boost to pursue modeling! I know the waiting part is the hardest but if you don't receive any response from Ford after 4-6 weeks, then it's safe to say that for now they're passing on you (agencies only contact models they're interested in possibly working with). However, there's nothing wrong with attending an open call at a later date and time so definitely entertain that as your plan B. Until you hear back, there really isn't much else extra that you can do.

I'm guessing you submitted to the Ford office in New York and not Chicago? If so, it would also be worth attending an open call at the Chicago offices. There is always the potential of being sent by Ford in Chicago (if you got signed there) to work in New York. Because you'd be under Ford's representation, this would fulfill the requirement for VS consideration as far as living/working in NYC and having the proper agent.

Did you submit non professional, digital snapshots?

While VS is your main goal for modeling, you should also consider submitting to other fashion agencies in Chicago...after all, why not try to get into modeling in general, even if VS doesn't become an option for you? It would be a great opportunity to establish your career, make money, build a solid portfolio and still pursue this goal. Just my two cents since you have the height. As far as your age, most fashion agencies set the cut off at 22 (very few at 23) so if you don't have any luck because of your age, I would recommend submitting to agencies that represent commercial/print models.

Best of luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035