Answering a Reader Question #371

Kanika Wrote:


Hi. Great blog. Congrats. I am an aspiring model from India. I am 22. Yes, it sounds old but in India, people usually begin modelling around this age as parents are very particular about college education. So,I am 22, 5'5 and weigh around 50 kgs, have a slim button nose, high cheekbones, defined jawline, beautiful eyes and lips. I know that maybe I won't be doing runway projects and honestly, they don't interest me either. My measurements are 34-26-34 so i guess that I am more suited for commercial modelling and I,personally, prefer that, too. Good for me! Well, the thing is that I come from a very conservative family and my own views about clothing are not very dissimilar. I prefer to keep it modest. I want to know that given my reservations, is it still possible for me to become a model? Or should I just drop this idea altogether?

Hey, Kanika! Thank you for the compliments about my blog! :-)

The good news for you is that commercial/print modeling is totally family friendly. Unlike high fashion and runway modeling, which typically involves wearing skimpy designs and outfits like lingerie and swimwear that show a lot of skin, print modeling does not.

The clients and products that print models represent are targeted towards the mainstream consumers--this means families, parents, college aged people, professionals, etc. Depending on the assignment and target audience, your clothing options would range from casual and dressy casual to formal or business attire. Print modeling is definitely a good match for you and your conservative/modest ideals so make sure to look for agencies that have commercial/print and/or lifestyle divisions and you'll be good to go!

Comments

  1. thanks, sweetheart. U r doing a good job by keeping people like me informed. I read ur blog regularly including the previous posts. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035