Answering a Reader Question #368

Anonymous Wrote:


Hi,
Just found your blog and I love how you not only update it frequently but also provide pertinent information. I did a short stint as a model when I was younger, and at 20 yrs old I'm thinking of giving it another go. The only thing is, I'm not sure how to go about it or what type of work I would do. I have a very unique look and can't go anywhere without getting noticed, but I'm rather short at 5"4'. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!


Hi there, Anonymous! Thanks for the kind words about my blog...I truly appreciate it!

Given your height and age, you are ideal for commercial/print and lifestyle modeling. You'll want to find local agencies in your area (within a 2 hour's drive from where you live) that have those divisions. Their official websites will provide instructions on how you can submit yourself. So that's where you'll want to start. Once you know what the agencies want, you can go about putting together the materials for your submission.

Since you're essentially starting over, you won't need a professional headshot or portfolio put together. Agencies prefer non-pro, digital snapshots. Make sure you prepare each submission according to what each agency asks for--not all of them want the same things.

If you need help finding legit agencies in your area, feel free to email me directly at: daniadenise@gmail.com and I can help you out.

Comments

  1. Hi Dania,
    Thank you for your time! I'm currently in Boston for school, but with summer I'll be going home to the Bay Area in California. Can you recommend any good agencies for me to look into in either area? I've been looking into Maggie Inc. in Boston, but they don't seem to have a website so I'm a little unsure of the best way to get in contact with them. Do I knock on their door? Send an email with a head shot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anonymous! You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #373." Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035