Answering a Reader Question #751

Anonymous Wrote:

Dania, thank you for your cool blog. I am an experienced NYC male character print model with a good portfolio. I'm coming back to biz after two years away. There are a couple of layers to my situation. I attended an open call. They are not interested. How soon should I go back to that agency? I don't want to go back too soon or wait too long either. What do you suggest? That's one aspect. The other is, I used to be sent out by this agency and the same agent works there. I emailed him last week with no response and decided to attend the open call as a follow up. Even if I had no prior working relationship with this agency, I would still like to know a good time frame per my first question. Thank you. 

Hi, Anonymous!

Thank you for being a reader of my cool blog, lol, and welcome back to the industry after your 2-year hiatus! :-)

The rule of thumb across the board is to wait a minimum of 6 months to 1 year from your previous submission/open call. Usually 6 months is more than enough time to submit for reconsideration. Looks and types that are in demand are always changing, which is why the 6 months to 1 year window is what the industry allows for when in comes to models that have submitted before.

And you don't have to tell them or mention that you've submitted in the past either. It's like getting a fresh slate!

In the meantime, definitely hit up the other NYC agencies to try your luck until the window opens up to go back to that one agency you did the open call for.

Best of luck to you!

Comments

  1. Hi Dania,

    I'm a little late to the game...I'm 30/f and seriously looking into plus-size modeling after many years of pipe-dreaming about it. The thing is, I look MUCH younger than 30. I know my age isn't desirable. Should I be honest about my age when asked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anonymous!

    You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #754." Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035