Answering a Reader Question #746

Anonymous Wrote:

Hello Dania :)
How are you going? 
I was researching up some modelling agencies around my area and came across Mirror Mirror Agency (http://www.mmagencies.com/aboutmma). Do you think this is a legit agency? Firstly,in the 'About MMA' section, it doesn't really contain much info about when it was established or who the director is or anything like that :L That's what I've seen on legit, good websites.... 
Secondly, with some models, you click on them but their photos (or their works) don't come up. 
Thirdly, when you type the agency into Google, you can see that there is a men section but on the actual website, you can't find it? 
And lastly, is it normal for agencies to follow you up? I sent them an email asking if they have a specific category, they said that they did and I should send them some photos. I didn't get to see that email today and there was an another email saying that I should send them some photos. Is this normal?

Sorry for so many questions!! Thank you!

Hi there, Anonymous!

I'm doing well, thanks for asking...finally finding some downtime in my schedule to get around to answering these questions and hopefully putting up some new blog posts!

I checked out the website you gave me and all the same issues you described also happened to me. Are they a new agency? I know that info isn't on the website but if they are fairly new, it would definitely put everything into perspective in that sense.

Sometimes agencies have website/technical issues that often take some time to work all the bugs out. Of course, that kind of stuff doesn't exactly inspire confidence to want to submit to them, lol. I tried to click on the link to their Facebook page and it said they page couldn't be found. Seems like they have a lot of work to do on that end with the websites.

It isn't uncommon for agencies to follow up with people but that's usually after they've already met the person. The fact that they seem eager to get you to send photos may be a sign that they're desperate to bring on new people, which may not be a good thing.

It would be in your best interest to continue trying to research this company more...reviews, testimonials, anything. But if you can't really find this info then it may be best to not submit and stick to other agencies with a proven history and track record.

Comments

  1. I wouldn't have a clue on whether or not they are new or not since they have no information. This agency''s initial is MMA and I remember seeing this initial in other questions. Not in a good context though. They were so keen to see my photos but after I've explained my situation (last year of highschool, I'd rather apply after graduation) I haven't received any reply (or it could just be that agencies don't reply to those kind of e-mails.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dania, I found out from a reputable mother agency and a model that Mirror Mirror agency is not a legit agency. I'm just letting you know incase someone asks a similar question about Mirror Mirror Agency :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Anonymous!

    Many thanks for the update and informing me about this agency. I'm sure it will help others that may come across it and I will certainly pass along this info.

    Thanks again, your input is very much appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035