Answering a Reader Question #742

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi! I'm signed with a modeling agency in nyc for their commercial print division. I've been with them for a few months but they haven't listed my measurements on my online portfolio. I'm not the only person without their stats listed. In fact there's a group of us on one page who are without stats. Why would a agency list the stats of some models and not others?? Is this something I should be concerned with? They're updating my portfolio constantly so it's clear I probably not being ignored. Idk because my other agency which manages me strictly for acting has my measurements on their site. I just wanted to know why the agency in NYC doesn't list my stats but my Long Island agency does. Also does your place on the website indicate your status in the agency? Because on the city agency I'm on the second to last page. I'm wondering if they see me at a lower rank than their other talent.
Thank you!

Hey, Anonymous!

To be honest, I don't know those aspects of how agencies work. They're such fickle types of businesses and each one walks to the beat of their own drum so the reasoning behind decisions with talent placement on the website, leaving certain info off the site, etc. are things I can't begin to guess about.

The fact that they're updating your portfolio is good. I don't see why you can't reach out to your booker to find out...I don't think it would be something they consider "classified" and couldn't tell you, lol, so contact them to ask how that whole thing works with the way they operate.

If you do get some answers, I would love it if you could share what you've learned with me to not only better educate myself but hopefully help others in the same situation as well!

Comments

  1. Hi Dania!
    Could you please check out this modelling agency?
    I came across it in one of the questions and want to submit for it (for commercial/print and fit model).
    However, it has some coming soon sections but I think it's been like that for a while... and it has some missing measurements :L But on the other hand, terms and conditions look professional. Could you please take a look at it with your professional eyes and tell me if I should apply here or not?

    http://www.bossmodels.com.au/intro.html

    It's this one :)

    Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anonymous!

    I've reviewed this site before for people in the past. While the website itself isn't very polished compared to others, by all intents and purposes it is legit and I've yet to have someone who asked me to check it out come back with anything negative, so that's a good sign.

    They're also affiliated with Boss Models in the UK. Definitely submit to them and see what happens.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will submit to them!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035