Answering a Reader Question #724

Devonna Wrote:

Question, Michele pommier has me paying for a test shoot but I didn't sign anything? Scam?

Hi, Devonna!

From what I know, Michele Pommier has been around for a long time, although I don't know anyone personally or professionally who is signed with them so I can't speak from experience, unfortunately.

I'm curious as to why they asked you to do a test shoot but without offering a contract first. They may just want to see the professional photos to assess your potential as a model but in most cases that all comes after the contract's been signed or if there is some kind of trial period, which I have heard happens sometimes. This could be an example of such a thing.

Are they charging you directly for the test shoot because it's one of their photographers they want you to shoot with? Or have they given you the option of finding your own photographer? Paying for a shoot with one of their photographers and making that requirement mandatory in order to be considered would be a red flag to me but I need to know a bit more detail about the situation, what they told you to do and the options presented to you in order to have a better grasp of what you're dealing with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035