Answering a Reader Question #721

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi, Dania!
I want to tell my parents that I want to do commercial/print modelling but I don't know what to tell them D: I read your commercial/print posts and I understand it but I don't know how to pass that info to my parents. Also, english is not their first language for them so they aren't very good at it. How should I explain it to them? What should I say to them so that they view it in much of a positive way as possible? 

Please help and thank you 

Hey, Anonymous!

I think the best way you can get across to your parents what type of modeling you want to do is by showing them examples, such as the ones I have on my blog post, "Understanding Commercial/Print Modeling." 

Even better, the next time you're in a store (retail, department or even the grocery store), point out to your parents the pictures of models that appear on the product packaging of various items in the store and tell them that's the kind of modeling you'd be doing.

Make sure to let them know that commercial/print is the "family friendly" version of modeling. That, along with the photo examples you'd be able to show them, will make things much clearer and allow them to see the bigger picture in a more positive way. :-)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035