Answering a Reader Question #705

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi Dania! 
I read a bunch of your reader questions so now I have one of my own:

I was wondering how much models get paid. Like, is it enough to make a living off of? Also I'm in 8th grade and I'm not sure if I should consider modeling in the future. I would love to model, but I'm scared the pay won't be enough.

Thanks! <3 

Hey, Anonymous!

Sorry again for accidentally deleting your original comment you posted on my Modeling 101 blog. I really hope you get a chance to read this reply back to your question.

Modeling is extremely hard to make a living off of in terms of money. In most cases, it works as extra income and many models in the industry, commercial/print and fashion/runway alike, also have other jobs/careers in addition to modeling.

For more info about how much models get paid, you'll want to visit this link to the section of my Modeling 101 blog that contains all the posts related to money and modeling as a career:

http://amodelsdiary.blogspot.com/search/label/Money%20Matters

The average working model in the U.S. who books steady work only makes about $30,000-40,000/year, which really isn't that much when you consider bills, expenses related to cost of living, etc. Getting enough steady paying work is very hard and you're never paid on a regular schedule, which means you could go weeks without receiving a check.

You're still young so you've got plenty of time to research the industry and see if it's something you want to get into. You don't have to model full-time. Part-time modeling while holding down another job/career is commonplace and totally possible to pull off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035