Answering a Reader Question #703

Anonymous Wrote:

Hello Dania!
Firstly, congratulation about Jennifer! You must be so proud!

Secondly, I was wondering about some type of modelling. I dont really know how to word this question but here we go. For online clothing stores (formal dresses, just normal clothing shop etc), people who model for the storew, are they high fashion model or commercial and print model? Some people are tall but some people are pretty small. If I want to do something like that, what type of modelling do I submit myself as?

Please let me know if you dont understand my question! Sorry for not being clear abiut it :L

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi, Anonymous!

Thanks for the kind words about Jennifer...my chest will be puffed out with pride for quite some time, lol.

I do get what you're trying to ask so no worries. :-) Both commercial/print and traditional fashion models are hired for that type of modeling. By "traditional fashion models" I don't mean the ones on the runway (those are "high fashion models").

There are tall/fashion height models who are more specifically used for stuff like modeling retail clothing, products and accessories, especially if their face is more "commercial" in appearance (i.e. they have the girl-next-door pretty face and not the exotic, alien or super strong bone structure look typically found in high fashion/runway models).

The best way to think of traditional fashion models is as a taller version of commercial/print models.

I wish it was clear cut but the majority of the time it is completely up to each company/store/brand to decide whether they're going to push for a print model or a fashion model.

As far as how that relates to you and your modeling goals, submit yourself for whatever your height qualifies you for. Either way if you have a look a client likes, then you will be submitted for those types of gigs by your agent. When you're in the interview phase with an agency, that would be an opportune time to bring up the subject and let them know of your interest in modeling for clothing stores.

I think the keyword "clothing stores" will definitely help them get on the same page with what you're talking about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035