Answering a Reader Question #698

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi,
I just had a baby about 2 months ago and I have stretch marks on ny stomach, butt, thighs, even my calves...I just signed on with a modeling agency, but I didn't think to tell then about my stretch marks. What do you think will happen when I do?

Hey, Anonymous!

What kind of modeling are you going to be doing with the agency? If it's something like commercial/print where it's not likely that you'll be showing a lot of skin, then I doubt it will be an issue. However, it is important to be honest with your agent.

I doubt they'd terminate your contract over something like that. Tell them right away and see what feedback they give you. You wouldn't be the first model an agency has signed with stretch marks. With that info, they'll know how to market you accordingly to the right clients.

They liked you enough to sign you so I'm sure they'll work around it to continue keeping you on their roster.

Comments

  1. I called her and let her know. She said she doesn't know many moms that don't have them. And it's nothing to be worried about, because make up does wonders. She said even if I was interested in showing a lot of skin, they could help with that as well. I'm not embarrassed by my stretch marks because of how I got them. I just didn't know how the agency would react

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful, I'm so glad that the agent was perfectly fine with it (I had a feeling she would be). So now you can really focus on your modeling career and not give your stretch marks a second thought! Thanks for the update and I wish you the best of luck moving forward! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035