Answering a Reader Question #608

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi Denise!
Before I ask my question, I must say that I love your blog! I bet you hear them all the time! I have few questions to ask. I want to apply for fit modelling.I am 163.5-164 in height (I think) and weigh about 53. To be a fit model, do I have to lose weight? Because I think weighing 53 is alot....Also do I have to have skinny thigh, and flat stomach to be a fit model? If that is the case, do you think I should lose weight first then apply? I just wanted to make sure because I want everything to be right when I apply....

Thank you so much in advance!! I love you and your blog! Also, you are beautiful!!


Hey, Anonymous!

Awww, thank you SO much for the compliments! *blushing*

You don't need to lose weight--we're about the same height and weight so trust me, you're totally fine. ;-) If you're the right size currently for fit modeling clients and lose weight beforehand, you won't be able to book the job! LOL.

The thing with fit models is that what is required of them is not quite the same as high fashion and runway models. Many designers and clients use fit models of all shapes and sizes, ranging from petite to plus size and many sizes in between. The key is to be the right size they are currently looking for.

It isn't about your physical appearance, it's all about your measurements, not necessarily whether you need to gain or lose weight. To get a better understanding of what fit modeling is and what you can expect, check out the link below to a blog post I wrote about the subject...it'll definitely clear things up for you. In the post I provide an example of fit modeling measurements from an actual casting I came across--you'll see that the sizes asked for are much larger than you are. It's just an example of how widely the request for models of various sizes ranges is:

Fit Modeling

If you're applying to be a fit model through a traditional modeling agency, they'll want to see you as you currently are and will take a full set of measurements. Then they'll go about seeing if your current stats match any upcoming fit modeling gigs. If so, you'll automatically be submitted.

I don't know your exact measurements but going on your height and weight alone, I'd say you don't have to be concerned about trying to lose weight, tone up or slim down at this point. Find out what the clients want first and then take things from there. When fit models lose or gain weight, they can potentially find themselves out of work so you don't want to set yourself up for disappointment before you've even started!

Submit yourself for the fit modeling first and see what feedback you receive. Then take action if it is necessary. I wish you the best of luck!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035