Answering a Reader Question #887

Anonymous Wrote:

Hello, I'm 14 and I'm 5'2 and people say I'm too short to be a model, but my mom says I just can't do runway. Also, I have a lip piercing. Can I still be a model even if I'm short, and if so, are there any things you would reccomend for me to get noticed?

Hi, Anonymous!

Your mom is correct, you can't do runway but you can do teen modeling and commercial/print. So those are the types of agencies you should look for.

You'd have to be willing to remove your lip piercing for your photoshoots, portfolio images, castings and booked jobs if you got signed by an agency, however, so just be aware of that. But they won't ask you to have it out forever, just when you have to be in front of the camera so your piercing likely wouldn't close.

The best place to start would be to locate the agencies close to you in order to visit their websites and see what the requirements are and what types of photos you should send. You'll want to look for agencies within no farther than a 2 hour's drive from where you live.

A good rule of thumb is to do an online search based on your city/state. For example: "modeling agencies in Los Angeles, CA"

Then click through the sites in your search results and see which ones represent teen and/or commercial/print models. Once you know what they're looking for, then you can prepare your submissions accordingly instead of just sending random photos and info.

Unless otherwise stated on the sites, you don't need a portfolio, professional headshot or previous experience to be considered for representation.

If you need help locating legitimate agencies, you can send me an email directly at: daniadenise@gmail.com and I'll see what I can find for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035