Answering a Reader Question #886

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi I was wondering if I could lie and round my height up a half inch when submitting my photos to agencies? I'm 5'6 1/2 and would to like record my height as 5'7. Also I would like to submit to be a commercial and print model for some of these more well known agencies and I've seen that some will represent maybe a couple that are my height. Should I still apply when they say they typically seek 5'9 even though they have a few exceptions? Also I'm on the older side at 23. Thanks! Love everything about your blog!!

Hey, Anonymous!

I love having you as a reader! :-)

Rounding up a half inch is common but it doesn't make much of a difference for commercial/print, which tends to be more flexible when it comes to height in general compared to fashion and runway so you likely wouldn't need to round up if it isn't necessary.

Just know that regardless of what you put down as your height, the agency will measure you without shoes in person if you are invited for an interview so they will always verify that kind of info.

If an agency states that 5'9" is the minimum and you don't meet it, you can still apply but obviously the chances of them responding back will probably not be high. The same goes for the age situation if they have a minimum/maximum age listed on their websites.

However, given your age and height, you are ideal for both commercial/print and lifestyle modeling so if the agency has a commercial/print and/or lifestyle division, you should be perfectly fine submitting as you are.

At the end of the day, there is no rule that says you can't still submit yourself to see if you're the exception to the rule so go for it but keep your expectations realistic in terms of the agencies that have set height and age limits.

Best of luck to you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035