Answering a Reader Question #818

Magen A. Wrote:

Hi Dania,

I wanted some advice on if I would still have a chance in commercial modeling at my age? I am 26 standing at 5"10. I know I am to old for high fashion but this has been on my heart since I was younger but my family was not to supportive of the venture and did not let me pursue it when I was younger. I don't have very little experience with modeling but have done a few shoots when I was younger. I would like to get into this fashion/entertainment industry preferably as model but not sure if that would be an ideal career with such a late start. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Magen

Hi there, Magen!

You absolutely have a shot at commercial/print modeling. The print world welcomes models of all ages and sizes.

What I would recommend is doing an online search for modeling agencies in your city/state or that are within a 2 hour's drive from where you live and look for agencies that represent either commercial/print and/or lifestyle models.

The websites will state clearly what divisions they represent. Lifestyle modeling is a sub-category of commercial/print but is for models (male and female) that are 25 years of age or older. Some agencies have commercial/print and lifestyle listed separately, while others use the two interchangeably, while still others just keep it all under the commercial/print umbrella.

For more info on lifestyle modeling, you can check out this blog post I wrote about the subject:

http://amodelsdiary.blogspot.com/2010/04/lifestyle-mature-modeling.html

So those are the keywords you'll want to be on the lookout for to guide you in your agency search. If you need more assistance locating legitimate agencies to check out, you can reach me directly via email: daniadenise@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035