Answering a Reader Question #817

Morgan Wrote:

Hi Dania, 
I've been reading all of these comments and decided to ask a question myself. I'm just 17 years old, am 5'7.5" and strangely am still growing. My measurements are 34-24.5-34 and I have been dying to be a VS angel for years. I've had experience in modelling, recently have entered a modelling competition and have gone through to the grand final. I'm constantly told I could be a VS model and this is my dream. However, I wanted to ask if my height will really work too much against me. Thank you for any advice you can give :)

Hi, Morgan,

If we're talking bare bones here in regards to the height situation, if your goal is to be a VS model when you turn 18, your height will be a hindrance. I mostly say this because, as I'm sure you're aware, to be a VS model is no easy feat and the physical requirements are strict for a reason.

To have a legitimate shot, you'd have to get signed to a high fashion agency in New York (like my VS post stated, Elite or Ford are the most ideal, followed by the other well known agencies). Many high fashion NYC agencies have raised the minimum height to 5'9". That makes things much harder for models that aren't exactly 5'8" and has even made it more nerve wracking for models who are 5'8".

However, it sounds like you've got what it takes to possibly be an exception to the rule in the height department, based on your journey in modeling so far. But the only way you're going to know this for sure is to attend open calls at Elite, Ford and the other fashion agencies in NYC to see if any of them would be willing to give you a shot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035