Answering a Reader Question #810

Anonymous Wrote:

For submitting pictures for the agency I'm applying to, in their example their is a girl wearing a swim suit but in the guidelines they suggest a tank top and a form fitting skirt which one should I do?

Hi, Anonymous!

You should follow what the guidelines recommend. I know that can be confusing when agencies post images that don't match what the guidelines say but they are probably posting the swimsuit photos as examples since that is what most models wear.

But in this case, if they specifically say to wear a tank top and form fitting skirt, then go with that.

Best of luck to you!

Comments

  1. Hi Dania, I appreciate your blogpost. I wish to be a model and have been offered a contract from an agency (gtm) in London. However, It is not a big agency like IMG of course and a major con I believe is that it is an exclusive contract for 3 years! And asking for 20% plus VAT as well as expenses such as an annual marketing website fee of £120 and comp cards I believe... I a scared I'll miss out on opportunities of being signed to big agencies and I am 19. However I keep on getting rejected from big agencies so I'm feel I don't want to miss out on modelling altogether. I have the body and height requirements (5'11, 34-24-35) and one of the reasons was because they think I have a strong look or exotic. It's really hard for ethnic girls (black) in particular so I don't know whether I should just take the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anonymous!

    You'll find the answer to your question in its own post, titled "Answering a Reader Question #811." Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035