Answering a Reader Question #932

Jazmin Castrellon Wrote:

Hi Dania, I'm currently 34 about to be 35 in July with a height of 5'2" and weigh 105-110 lbs. I've been asked many times if I'm a model or if I plan on becoming a model. Many people say I don't look my age and that I look younger. I have always maintained an athletic/toned figure. I was thinking of taking up modeling not so much for money but more as a hobby. What do you recommend?

Hi there, Jazmin!

Let me answer your question with a question: what are you waiting for? :-)

I definitely recommend trying it out, especially since you know you want to do it as a hobby. That will alleviate a lot of the pressure many aspiring models put on themselves when they want to pursue the industry at a professional level.

Based on your stats you'll want to look into agencies that represent commercial/print and/or lifestyle models. Agencies work with models who do it part-time as well as full-time. Whether you want to do it as a hobby or professionally, what they care about most is that you have a flexible schedule and the ability to get to and from castings and paid jobs with no issues.

There is also the option of doing freelance modeling, which requires you to be your own agent and find your own work if you find the idea of agency representation too demanding. However, navigating the modeling world as a newbie freelance model does come with challenges and oftentimes it is easier to fall for scams and other shady operations.

That being said, I would recommend trying to get an agent first to get familiar with the process and the industry in general and if you don't get any replies back then you can look into trying your hand at modeling via the freelance route.

Best of luck to you either way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035