Answering a Reader Question #929

CherryMelon Wrote:

Hi Daria, I am really interested in modelling, I am 5'4 and 15 years old weighing at about 111 pounds but I think I could grow in height a lot more. I am a bit of a late bloomer and I have only really started growing rapidly in height and I believe I could reach up to 5'8 by the time I am 17. Would you think so? I am the correct measurements and I would absolutely LOVE to be a VS model but I am starting to doubt myself. Do you think I would have a chance??

Hey, CherryMelon!

I can't say whether or not you'd grow to be 5'8" by the time you turn 17 because that is totally a medical/genetic subject and I'm not a physician. If height runs in your family (your parents, siblings, grandparents, etc), then that's an encouraging sign that you could end up being taller.

I would suggest making an appointment with your doctor to see if he/she can determine what height you'll ultimately grow to be. Doctors have the resources and professional insight to make those kinds of predictions better than I ever could.

You're still so young and you're actually the age and height I was when I started modeling professionally so while you have a while before you even have to worry about whether you could do VS modeling or not, you can start modeling now if you wanted to.

You'd be ideal for both teen and commercial/print modeling so why not start looking into agencies for that now and get your feet wet? That way by the time you turn 17 (btw you need to be 18 to model for VS) you'll have modeling experience and a portfolio under your belt, which can definitely benefit you in the long run.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035