Answering a Reader Question #929

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi!I am an aspiring high fashion model but I can't seem to get signed by an agency... All of them have just said that my look isn't quite right for them.I live in the UK and I am 5 foot 9, 16 years old and my measurements are 33-24-34. What can I do??? please help. thanks so much

Hi there, Anonymous!

Hmm...that's a tough one. You've gotten this consistent feedback from agencies so on the one hand at least you're getting this info straight from the best source. Of course on the other hand, that is discouraging.

Have you tried posting your snapshots on IG and/or DM agencies on there? I know that scouting models on Instagram has become quite popular these days.

I don't know what you look like but I would suggest maybe switching gears and looking into agencies that represent commercial/print and/or teen models? Those categories have models who are fashion height as well so it isn't like that's not an option for you.

I'm sure you want to really do high fashion modeling but if you can manage to get an agent for print work, that would at least get your foot in the door.

If that isn't a possibility, there is the option of doing freelance modeling, which means you'd act as your own agent in finding jobs and setting up your test shoots to build your portfolio. It can be challenging but not impossible, especially if you market yourself the right away.

Shoot me an email at: daniadenise@gmail.com if you want me to help you try and figure out in more detail what paths you have to choose from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035