Answering a Reader Question #917

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi Dania,
I recently responded to a craigslist post about Modeling. They contacted me within a week and scheduled a photoshoot with me! I found out though, that the cost is 995$ and no contract was offered. It sounds scretchy! What are your opinions?

Hi, Anonymous!

This sounds like the definition of sketchy. I'd say politely decline the offer. Craigslist isn't known to be the most credible resource for finding modeling work, especially in the last few years (I used to use CL a lot for modeling jobs but not anymore).

I would suggest turning to other alternatives, such as looking for Facebook modeling groups in your city and/or setting up a free profile on modeling networking sites like Model Mayhem where you can view people's profiles, portfolios and also use their Casting section to find and submit to opportunities.

No resource is 100% foolproof or perfect but is by far better than relying on what Craigslist has to offer.

Hope that helps!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035