Answering a Reader Question #913

Anonymous Wrote:

Hello, I am interested in becoming a teen model, but I am 13 and only 5'6". I have no prior experience in modelling at all, do you think that will lower my chances of getting into an agency? Also, I am self conscious about my wide face and broad shoulders--I haven't seen any models with that body structure--do you think I still have a chance to become a model?

Hi, Anonymous!

Teen modeling doesn't have strict height requirements like fashion and runway does so that usually isn't a major factor for most agencies. Previous experience also isn't mandatory to be considered for agency representation.

Teen and print models come in all shapes and sizes. Don't focus so much on whether or not your "look" would be good for modeling or not. Instead, focus on getting definite answers about your potential for modeling by researching the websites of local agencies in your city/state, finding out what the submission requirements are and sending in your snapshots/info to see what feedback/interest you get from those agencies.

That's going to be the best way to find out if you can be a model and then you can go from there. Don't overthink it--just go for it! :-)

Best of luck to you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035