Answering a Reader Question #900

Angie Shipp Wrote:

Hey! So I have always wanted to model! I would still like to if possible but now I do a lot of traveling with my Fiance for work, I am never constantly in one place for longer than 1 Month. Is this still possible for me to do? If so where do I start? I have some good pictures but they are not professionally done and I don't have a lot of money to put into building a portfolio. I am fairly new at this, I haven't put much thought into pursuing my interest into modeling until recently so I don't really know much. I can use all the information I can get! I am not really sure where to look for information.

Hey, Angie!

Given that you're moving around so much and only in one place for a month, I don't believe that an agency would be able to represent you properly. Not many are that flexible to take the time and effort to bring you onto the books if you're only going to leave a few weeks later.

That being said, you'd still be able to model but it would most likely be in the freelance aspect, where you act at your own agent and find your own modeling work. This is much more challenging, especially since you're new, but it isn't impossible.

However, one thing I would suggest you try is setting up test shoots with photographers to see if you would like modeling and, in turn, build a modeling portfolio for yourself.

Normally I wouldn't suggest this since professional images and experience aren't mandatory to submit to a modeling agency but because I don't think an agency arrangement would work with your situation, I feel you'd be fine starting off by doing some initial shoots and seeing what kinds of results you get.

That being said, many photographers are open to what are known as "trade shoots," sometimes also called TF shoots. This is an arrangement where a model and photographer exchange their time and services and instead of compensation, they are both allowed to use the resulting photos for promotional purposes (i.e. updating/building a portfolio, social media, etc.). Because there is no money involved, it is a very popular and widely used method of helping models and photographers create professional images for their own professional/promotional use.

Of course there is more to it but if you'd like more information/details of how this arrangement works and how you can use it for your needs, feel free to shoot me an email directly at: daniadenise@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035