Answering a Reader Question #899

Blessing Wrote:

Hey! Im Blessing and I've been wondering a few things.
1st what if I get a opportunity for thaw "big leagues " in places like New York, but I live 4 hours away from NY. How would that work?
2nd I hear that personality is something they look for in a model, how exactly do i show that? 
3rd If I become a model for top agencies (such as Ford and etc.) would I stop school (Im 13) or would I go to school as normal?

Hey, Blessing!

A majority of NYC agencies will require you to live within a 2 hour's drive from their offices so they may be hesitant to sign you because you live farther away. In most cases, you'll have to relocate in order for them to represent you properly.

Personality is a huge factor in addition to meeting physical requirements. You'd get a chance to showcase your personality to an agency during the open call and/or interview. You're in luck because I literally just published a post on my Modeling 101 - A Model's Diary blog that talks about this exact subject. Below is the link:

Models, Learn How to "Sell Yourself"

Being able to show agencies and clients that you're outgoing, articulate, fun and bubbly is the perfect way to prove that you're more than just a pretty face.

Agencies work with models in school all the time and will work around schedules as much as possible. However, some school may need to be missed for certain projects. I've got a blog post that talks about that very subject, too, which is below:

Modeling & School

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035