Answering a Reader Question #880

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi!
I was wondering if you thought that I could maybe become a model. I am 16 and 5 foot 7.5 but I have recently put on weight. My measurements are 34-26-36? Do you think that it would be possible for me to get my measurements down to 34-24-34? If I were to decrease my measurements would the height be a huge problem?
Thank you!

Hey, Anonymous!

At your age and height you are ideal for commercial/print and teen modeling, which don't have strict height and measurement requirements so I would suggest that you first submit to those types of agencies to see if you can get started with modeling in those categories.

By pursuing this route first, it would allow you to stay at your current size and see if the agencies show any interest. If so, then you won't have to worry about trying to slim down unnecessarily.

For fashion/runway, you are close to the minimum height requirement agencies want but some will lower the height range for younger models so there's a chance that you could still be considered by fashion agencies if they do have that exception to the height rule. This is usually listed on the agency's website.

I don't know your body type but getting hip measurements down tends to be more challenging than slimming down your waist. If you maintain a healthy eating regimen and exercise several times a week, you can naturally lose weight and see if that makes a difference. Below is a link to one of my favorite workouts that I turn to when I need to tone up or if I feel like I'm not being as active as I should be when it comes to fitness:

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/fitness/g134/fitness-plan-two-weeks-oct06/?slide=1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035