Answering a Reader Question #876

Tyler Wright Wrote:

Hey Dania , 
My name is Tyler and I am 16 and I live in Oakland California. I always wanted to become a model but i never knew how. It's not really many modeling opportunities in Oakland so I have no clue we're to start. I don't have the money to pay for a photographer so i cant yet submit my pictures to an agencies I need help with starting my career can you help me ? 

Tyler 

Hi, Tyler!

Since you live in Oakland, you'll want to submit to agencies in San Francisco. That is the biggest market in Northern California and is just across the Bay Bridge from you. Do a Google search for "San Francisco modeling agencies" and a bunch of the agency websites will pop right up.

Agencies don't require professional photos or a portfolio so you don't have to spend money to hire a photographer at this point in the process. All you need are digital, non professional photos, which can be taken by a family member or friend.

After you do the Google search, click on the websites of each of the agencies and they will tell you how to submit and what types of photos to send in. Simply follow the guidelines for each agency and that's how you'll be able to take the first step in breaking into modeling.

You'll be contacted by the agencies if they are interested in meeting you and from there will schedule an interview. If you get signed, it will be the agency's job to guide you in how to set up your test shoots to put together your portfolio of professional images.

Hope that helps and best of luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035