Answering a Reader Question #879

Maleigha Wrote:

Hi Dania, I have an interest in print modeling. I'm 16 around 5'71/2 or 5'8. I'm around 124 or 125 . I'm a 34b but I can wear an A. And I don't know my exact measurements. Going by your instructions I'm cutting out soft drinks and unhealthy snacks I have a small amount of acne and ive come to notice water is good for everything. My biggest concern is my hair. I'm biracial and its short and curly and shaved on one side And will my nose piercing be a problem
Thanks for all the helpful tips. 
P.s you play in my favourite movie ( RENT)

Hey, Maleigha,

Lol, being on the set of RENT was a lot of fun. I was in the limo in the New Year's Eve scene so you wouldn't have been able to pick me out on screen but I got to see Rosario Dawson and that was awesome...I yelled out that I loved her and she gave me a big smile! :-D

Anywho, let's get to your question! In order to pursue modeling seriously, you'll need to grow your hair out. As it is now, agencies would consider it too "alternative" to be able to market you properly to clients. There are models who have funky/alt hairstyles but they usually do this after they've already been signed and are working in the industry so if you're new, you'll have to be fairly mainstream and sport a regular hairstyle.

As far as your nose piercing, it won't prevent an agency from wanting to sign you but you may be asked to remove it for certain castings and/or modeling assignments if you ended up getting represented.

It wouldn't be long enough for your hole to close but just be prepared to accommodate such a request if asked. It is important to mention the piercing when you are submitting so be sure to be honest. Agencies have seen models with body piercings before so yours wouldn't be anything they haven't seen. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035