Answering a Reader Question #877

Nicollette Wrote:

Hello Dania my name is Nicollette first and for most I'd like to say I hope your have a goodmorning, or afternoon, evening or night in where you are located :) and if like to start off in saying I'm really really interested in doing modeling, it's been my dream since I was a little girl to become a model :) And I just came upon your blog which I'm loving so far. I couldn't help notice that you've about 800 loads of question that you've answered already, and I'm hoping you'll help me with some advice :D , Do you know by any chance (*fingers crossed hahaha) of any modeling agencies near Los Angeles, California? I'm 22 yrs petite with black hair big eyes slight brown eyes, my height would be 5'1 to 5'2-ish I weigh about 95, I'm half American spaniard (meaning moms from Spain but I was born in CA) and I have braces that will be coming off within two years :D. Loads of people and I mean LOADS of people tell me I look a lot like "Vanessa Hudgens' the famous actress and that I have the looks to be a model!!? But not the height :'( But I don't know where to start or to come about. Not only that but I look younger than my age :( many people confuse me to be within the ages of 15-17 and I'm 22!! Lol. Help.. I first don't know how to start or look up what authentic agency would get me?, secondly I know there's loads if agency around LA but I wouldn't know which would be great for me? I'm think print/commercial?? I really want do do this but don't know if I'll have any luck?? I've notice agency have been looking for new faces and been cutting down with some rules and demands so that pretty good, right? I mean if Karrueche can do it even though she's short I'm sure it's possible. Throughout the pass years I've been telling myself i can never be what I want to be or achieve but I've notice people who don't believe don't succeed, so I hope with all my heart that I'm able to succeed with this dream of being a model :) Ina huge fan of models 'Alexis Ren', 'Lauren Calaway', 'jasmine Sanders', 'Joan Smalls', 'Sofia richie', 'Hailey Baldwin', Sarah Sampio' and so many more and I know I I'll never be able to do runaway at all but I hope to be half as good as them or to be somewhere close to succeed as them :) I hope your able to help me with some advice. Thank you so much for your time and words of wisdom and advice, hope to hear from you soon.

P.S. Sorry for such a long question and message hehehehe :)

Hi, Nicollette!

No apologies needed, it's always better to have more info than less, I always say!

Based on your description/stats, you'd be ideal for commercial/print. Having a younger look certainly helps but given that you're already 22, I doubt you'll have a major growth spurt anytime soon, lol, so print modeling is going to be your best bet.

Being located near Los Angeles is definitely a plus since you've got to be where the action is. That being said, below are the names and websites of agencies in and around the LA area that represent print models. Make sure to check out each site thoroughly and follow any and all instructions/guidelines listed on the websites:

Nouveau Model & Talent
http://www.nouveaumodels.com/submit.cfm

BMG Models - LA
http://www.bmgmodels.com/wp/los-angeles-bam/

Sports + Lifestyle Unlimited - LA
http://www.sluagency.com/about/new-talent.php

Otto Models
https://ottomodels.com/contact-us-models/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035