Answering a Reader Question #865

Eliza Wrote:

Hey Dania,

My friend and I (both whom are tall and have been told for years we should try modeling) have decided to try modeling. We're both from SoCal and are going to be 18 in the coming months. Are we too old to start now? If not do you have any tips for older(ish) aspiring models? I tried to ask on your other blog but couldn't figure out how.

Thank you, 
Elizabeth

Hi there, Elizabeth!

Many agencies accept new models that are 18 years of age so while it is a later start to begin modeling, it's not like it's too late for you and your friend so I say go for it!

I would give you the same tips/info as I would for someone younger or older than you: make sure you know what kind of modeling you qualify for and then search for agencies accordingly. Since you live in SoCal, you'll want to consider either the Los Angeles and/or San Diego areas. It depends on which market you live closer to. The rule of thumb is to submit to agencies that are no farther than a 2 hour's drive from where you live.

I would also suggest clicking the link to the blog post below that I wrote, which explains in more detail about where you should start:

http://amodelsdiary.blogspot.com/p/where-do-you-start-in-modeling.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035