Answering a Reader Question #864

Kindra Wrote:

I LOVE your blog! I've done a bridal show with David's Bridal before when I was 15 among other other small photo shoots but now I am 18 and have always wanted to model! I'm 6'0 and have legs that are about 4ft long. Everyone has always told me to become a model but in a small town that's hard to do. I really would love to become a professional in any category. I was wondering if you had tips to help me start and get out there with me having already experienced some of it! Or if you could give me a chance to get an audition with either yours or a place you would recommend that would be amazing! Thank you and I hope you are having an amazing day!
Kindra

Hey, Kindra,

I'm happy that you love my blog, I love that you're a reader! :-)

Being in a small place where there isn't much of a modeling market is definitely challenging. I don't know the city/state where you live (I may be able to find agencies near you if I knew that info) but if there really aren't any legitimate agencies and/or opportunities around you, your only real option would be to relocate to a larger market.

However, that is easier said than done, of course. But what you could do is submit yourself to agencies in the closest market to you (even if it's technically farther than the 2 hour drive rule of thumb), just to see if there is any interest from agencies. Big markets like Los Angeles and New York will help models find housing if necessary (this is applicable to fashion/runway models) so that could be a great compromise if you're willing and able to move to pursue modeling more seriously.

The bridal modeling I did was through a production company and not an agency booked gig so while you could attend a casting call for their bridal shows, it wouldn't mean that you had agency representation and the shows don't pay if you're a new model so it definitely would be the type of gig you'd be doing for experience to add to your resume and networking moreso than to make a living off of.

I can be of more help if I knew where you were located so feel free to comment on this post with your city/state (not your mailing address or anything like that) or you can email me that info directly at: daniadenise@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035