Answering a Reader Question #776

Teresa Jiang Wrote:

Hi I'm 15 and I'm considering modelling as a job of my future (not my only job of course!) but lately I've been wanting a belly piercing followed by another two ear piercings, one on either ear (totalling 2 on each ear). But I am hesitant to get these piercings because I'm so worried it will cost me my modelling career (my ultimate goal is VS). So do you think I can get them? 

I know Adriana and Alessandra had belly piercings but in late photos I don't see them? Thank you I hope you can answer these two questions Xx P.S. I love this page thank you for sharing all your experiences and giving such good advice :)

Hi, Teresa,

I'm so glad you're enjoying my blog!!!

The type and number of piercings you described would be totally fine and shouldn't hinder any of your goals with modeling, VS or otherwise. Many models have several piercings. Below are my thoughts/guidelines about what would be acceptable in terms of modeling:

- Normal type/size piercings for the ears (in other words not alternative in appearance like gauged ears)

- Have the piercings in long enough so that when it comes time to shoot or go to a castings/go-see, you can remove the piercings for a short period of time without worrying about the holes closing up

It isn't uncommon for models to remove their extra piercings for certain castings and assignments and then put them back in afterwards so that is always an option for you that would be a good compromise.

The bottom line: I say go for it. :-)

As far as Alessandra and Adriana's belly piercings go, my guess is that they decided to go without the piercing after having their babies. ;-)

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for the quick reply! I'll give it a little more consideration, but it'll be most likely that I will go on with these piercings :-) Thank you for giving me an answer and an answer that gives me approval of these piercings!

    A few small questions, what happens if (if I ever get a modelling career like this) that needs me to photoshoot with a bikini/shows my torso, or possible that reveals my ears? Would they airbrush these piercing holes (I'm especially worried for the belly piercing hole as it is quite obvious)? I'm just so so so worried future agents might possible reject me because of these piercing holes are obvious. I'd have to mention I have these piercings too, right?

    Also, once Alessandra and Adriana had their children, did the belly piercing hole seemingly stretched until it doesn't exist anymore? Thank you so much Dania Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're super welcome! :-)

    I doubt the holes from the piercings will even be noticeable. If you're getting traditional sized ear piercings, they're not even going to be visible in most photos to worry about. Same with the belly piercing. Those are the kinds of things that Photoshop is made for. :-)

    When signing with an agency you do have to disclose all piercings, tattoos, scars, etc. You're not going to be the first model an agency has seen with several piercings and you're certainly not going to be the last, lol.

    From what I've researched, it's totally okay to wear a belly piercing while pregnant and even after as long as the piercing is fully healed and not fresh. Apparently, pregnancy doesn't do anything to really affect the piercing itself, which I thought was interesting. In Alessandra and Adriana's cases, they probably just don't feel the need to wear them at this point in their lives. If they change their minds, I'm sure we'll be able to tell from their photos, lol.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035