Answering a Reader Question #993

Derrione Mobley Wrote:

Hello. I would like to get into modeling, but I don't know which specialty right for me. My measurements are 31-25-38 and I wear a 34B. I could do regular print work but I fear my hips are too large for it. I have thought about parts modeling but I think my feet are too large. Which specialty do you think is right for me? I feel discouraged

Hi there, Derrione!

Don't be discouraged...I think you're over analyzing and picking yourself apart unnecessarily. Instead of trying to box yourself into one specialty category or another, it's important to first look at the various general requirements and then see which one(s) you fall under and go from there.

The most important stat you left out of your comment was your height and age. That plays a lot into what category a potential model could pursue. For commercial/print work the good news is that measurements and age are not as strict or almighty as they are in the fashion/runway world. A majority of print models reflect all types of male and female body shapes, sizes and ages so those limitations almost always aren't an issue for print models in their careers.

Parts modeling also has its own requirements but you need to check out the agencies that represent parts models to find out specifically what they look for.

Below is a link to a blog post I wrote that breaks down where you should start in your modeling search:

http://amodelsdiary.blogspot.com/p/where-do-you-start-in-modeling.html

I think starting your search with local print agencies within a 2 hour's drive from where you live would be a good first step. The more you learn about the agencies in your area and what they want, the easier it will be for you to find out where you fit and pursue modeling whether you want to do it professionally or for fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035