Answering a Reader Question #980

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi Dania,

About one and a half years ago, I signed a mother agency contract with a modeling agency but decided soon after that I did not want to pursue the opportunity. I emailed the agency, and on amicable terms it was decided that I would not continue though it was not explicitly stated that my contract was terminated. The contract was for two years. Now, I am interested in signing with another agency. Am I in the clear, or will there be legal repercussions?

Thank you, 


Hi Anonymous!

Do you still have the email correspondence you exchanged with the mother agency? If so, then that's a good thing because you'll want to make sure to keep it as well as print out a hard copy for your records. Both serve as proof that you communicated with the mother agency and that an agreement was made by both parties to terminate the contract.

Usually you have to put it in writing but since you didn't do any activity while you were with them is more than likely why they were okay with handling it via email. Of course you always want to have proof in the worst case scenario situation.

As long as you have that on hand, then you are free and clear to sign with another agency.

Hope that helps!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035