Answering a Reader Question #938

Steve Wrote:

Branding & Modeling Pt II: Where Do You Start?
I am yet-to-be represented actor/model newbie, with no credits. At what point in my career should I establish the name I will be using in social media? Do Actor/models usually use their real name if it is good sounding or memorial? Or should I wait on creating my name until I am represented by a talent agency? 

Steve Norwood

Hey, Steve!

There are no hard and fast rules when it comes using a real name or a stage name so it's a matter of personal preference. A lot of models/actors use their real names when they get into the industry and typically only change it if their agency recommends it.

To keep things simple in the beginning, however, it's easier to start with using your real name. Agencies won't be super picky about that part of it.

And I think Steve Norwood is a fine name. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035