Answering a Reader Question #757

Rachel Pahignalo,

Good day Ms. Dania, I just want to ask a question. I Applied for an agency and asked me to sent some more casual photos, I am an experienced model but I stopped laid low for a few months to study but still doing some photo shoots. so I sent my most recent photoshoot, a very casual shoot and they asked me to go to their office and have a video profile. But on the said photos I was wearing contact lenses. So my question is.. Should I wear Contact lenses for my casting or not? I am afraid to spoil everything if I don’t wear them a get them disappointed and not pick me, but I dont want them to expect differently and still not pick me. Hope you can help me before I go to the said casting. Its just 5 days to go. Please reply 

PS. I See you've been in the Philippines. i saw ABS-CBN in your resume :) I am a Filipina hello :)

Hey there, my fellow fly Pinay! :-)

I was actually born in the Philippines but moved to the US when I was 3. The ABS-CBN spot was shot at the company's studio in the Bay Area so I didn't get a chance to go to P.I. for that gig but I hope one day in the future to visit back home and see my relatives that are still there. :-)

You should appear in person at the casting exactly how you appeared in the photos. So in your situation, you should wear the contact lenses. Are they colored contacts you wear for cosmetic reasons or clear contacts that you wear so that you don't have to worry about wearing glasses?

If they're colored contacts, then you'll want to let them know that when you attend the casting. Stuff like that usually isn't a big deal to them, especially if they don't look really obvious. The fact that they invited you for a casting based on the photos where you have the contacts in, is a good sign that they like your look that way so I don't think you'll have much to worry about.

So wear the contacts to the casting but also tell them that you are wearing them. I'm sure you'll be just fine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035