Answering a Reader Question #754

Anonymous Wrote:

Hi Dania,

I'm a little late to the game...I'm 30/f and seriously looking into plus-size modeling after many years of pipe-dreaming about it. The thing is, I look MUCH younger than 30. I know my age isn't desirable. Should I be honest about my age when asked? 

Hi there, Anonymous!

Don't lie about your age...they're going to check your ID at some point so there's no way around that. A large majority of agencies that represent plus-size models don't have the same strict age requirements as traditional fashion agencies. Plan A would be to look for agencies that have actual plus-size divisions, which often has very flexible age ranges depending on the market you're in. Plan B would be to submit to agencies that represent commercial/print and/or lifestyle models.

Commercial/print models come in all ages and sizes. Lifestyle is a sub-category of commercial/print for models ages 25 and older.

So there are options out there for you regardless of your age. It's just a matter of finding the right agencies to submit to that you realistically meet the requirements for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035