Answering a Reader Question #753

Anonymous Wrote:

Dania I'm so lost!!
I'm planning to apply for modelling and I'm short. Like I'm 163/164. I've found an agency that represented short models, like 5, 5'5, 5'6. So I'm planning to submit an application. The agency is called Dallys models. (Just extra info: When Miranda Kerr first started modelling, she was with Dallys). So I asked a reputable mother agency anonymously if Dallys was a reputable and legit agency (better to be safe than sorry) and she said it's borderline and told me to go talk to some of their models. But on instagram they look very professional, they post up photos of their models frequently, their website looks very professional and etc. I thought that they were reputable and legit. Now I'm not so sure anymore. Could you please go check out that agency? I would really appreciate it! I'll link it here http://dallysmodels.com/ 

Thank you so much in advance!

Hi, Anonymous!

First off, breathe! :-) Let's sort this out.

Okay, so by all intents and purposes, Dallys checks out as a legit modeling agency. Does that mean they'll guarantee you work and that you'll be successful? No. Not even the biggest agency on the planet can promise you that. In fact, agencies aren't allowed to guarantee or promise work for its models. So keep that in mind for any agency you plan on submitting to.

As far as the mother agency you consulted with, you have to remember that agencies don't always get along. Mother agent or not, other agencies are competition so it doesn't surprise me that the person you spoke with gave you a kind of vague answer. While agencies often work together (especially when it comes to mother agency situations), that doesn't mean they're going to root for each other.

If you went to Elite and asked them if IMG was a good agency, they're not going to rave about how amazing their competitor is, you know? :-)

So go ahead and submit yourself--you've got nothing to lose!

Comments

  1. Ohhh how come I never thought it that way? That agencies don't always get along? Okay now I feel better and less confused! Okay I'll send an application in! Thank you!

    P.s. I've missed you Dania! It's been way too long since you answered a question or put up a post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I <3 you! Believe me, I've missed you and my other faithful readers as well! I've carved out more downtime in my schedule and will be posting more often than I have been so please keep tuning in--I truly appreciate you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 I have been tuning in for like...forever! I truly appreciate that you have this blog!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035