Answering a Reader Question #736

Anonymous Wrote:

Hey Dania, how important are nice teeth in general. I had braces during my teens so my teeth look ok. The problem I have is a peg lateral tooth due to a genetic discrepancies. I only have the peg on one side. Literally the other side of my mouth on the top row are normal and one side isn't. My bottom teeth are normal too. Would this be a hindrance in submitting to agencies. Commercial print is right up my alley. I'm just wondering if my peg lateral tooth is unmarketable or could it be considered a unique trait. What would be best for my career??

Hi, Anonymous!

Teeth are important but not to the extent that your peg lateral tooth would prevent you from pursuing modeling. Having a clean and healthy smile is ideal, especially in commercial/print but your particular situation wouldn't be a hindrance at all.

My teeth are far from perfect, lol. I have "spacey" teeth on the right side of my mouth and I never had braces, however, my "unique" smile hasn't held me back in my career at all so I don't see why your teeth would either. There are specific castings where they'll ask for "perfect" or "amazing" teeth/smile but that's typically in the case of stuff like toothpaste ads or something. Other run-of-the-mill print jobs, it won't be a big deal.

Your personality is what's going to "sell" you to agencies so be yourself, don't be shy about smiling and I think you will do just fine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answering a Reader Question #1,037

Answering a Reader Question #1,036

Answering a Reader Question #1,035